Governor Andrew M. Cuomo extended New York Executive Order 202.7 expiration date through October 4, 2020. This executive order says “Any notarial act that is required under New York State law is authorized to be performed utilizing audio-video technology.”
Remote virtual notarizations will allow for personal and corporate legal documents to be legalized without leaving your home or office for the usual in-person notary.
Virtual Remote Notarization is a multi-step process comprised of:
- Direct (live) interaction between the person signing and the notary public via audio-video tool.
- The signer must provide they are physically present in the State of New York and show photo ID to verify identity.
- Signer electronically sends a legible copy of document with signature and current date to notary.
- The notary then notarizes the transmitted document and sends back to sender.
- If the signer additionally requests a physical copy of the notarized document, the signed & dated original must be mailed to the notary and received within 30 days of execution. Additional fees apply for this step.
Please Call at 516-253-6401 to set an appointment. We are able to use Apple Facetime, Zoom, Skype, and other video calls for your convenience. Due to the complex nature of remote notarizations, there are additional fees on top of the state mandated charges for notarial acts.